Shakes are the perfect snack when you're on the go and need something to keep you full and energized. Thankfully, they can also be healthy and delicious! Here are some recipes we thought you would like.
Healthy Chocolate Frosty:
This is not your typical Wendy's frosty. It tastes the same, but it healthier for you. The secret ingredients: bananas and Greek yogurt!
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 cup chopped frozen banana
- 1/3 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1.5 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of flax-meal (optional nutrition boost)
- 1 or more tbsp of sweetener like maple syrup or agave nectar if you're using unsweetened yogurt, almond milk and cocoa powder. (optional)
Instructions: Combine all of your ingredients in a high-quality blender, and blend until the mixture is nice and smooth. Pro tip: Start off with a little less than 1 cup of almond milk and add more as needed.
Ice Coffee Protein Shake:
This iced coffee protein shake is low in calories, high in protein and still gives you the boost of energy you need to start your day.
- About 2 Cups of Ice
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Cold Brewed Coffee (unsweetened)
- 1 Chopped Frozen Banana
- 1 Scoop of Protein Powder (chocolate or vanilla)
Instructions: In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth (start with less ice and keep adding more until you get the consistency you like). Add a little plain Greek yogurt or peanut butter to make it richer.