Tis’ the season for pumpkin everything, but finding a healthy, fall-flavored snack is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. If you’re looking to get a taste of the season, but without the added calories, we’ve got you covered. Here are a couple of tasty fall recipes to feed your pumpkin-spice cravings. Enjoy!
Pumpkin-Spice Protein Pancakes:
All of the flavor, but with a healthy protein punch. Here’s what you’ll need to make 10 pancakes:
1 and ½ cups of oat flour (or 1 and ¼ cups of oat flour and 2 scoops of vanilla protein - we recommend our Smart Protein, of course!)
2 tablespoons of Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal (sugar substitute)
1 tablespoon of baking powder
½ teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
¼ teaspoon of allspice
¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
4 egg whites
½ cup of raw pumpkin
1 and ½ cups of unsweetened Almond Breeze (almond milk)
- Preheat your griddle to medium heat.
- Mix flour, sugar substitute, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites and pumpkin in a separate bowl, then add in the almond milk - mixing slowly.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, then mix well.
- Spray your griddle with non-stick butter spray.
- Scoop your batter with a 1/4 cup measuring cup onto griddle.
- Cook each side until they are lightly toasted/golden brown. Make sure they are cooked all the way through before serving.
Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie:
Here's what you'll need for 1 smoothie serving:
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
1 frozen banana
3 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
¼ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- Simply add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.